Over the past few years, mobile event apps have revolutionised the event space – empowering event planners, simplifying processes for participants, gamifying events, and collecting valuable feedback throughout the duration of events. (Not just at the end.)
But if you’re still on the fence about whether to use one for an upcoming event, we can understand why. You can to maximise the return on investment (ROI) you’ll receive on all your events, and are not sure if the investment needed to use an event app, will be worth it.
Answer this quick 5-minute checklist to decide whether using an event app at your next event, will help to improve your ROI – or if your budget will be better spent elsewhere.
1. How many participants do you expect at your next event?
a. More than 50
b. Less than 50
2. Would you like to gamify your next event, increasing the level of interaction your participants have between each other, and your presenters?
b. No need
3. Would you prefer a quick and easy way to collect feedback from participants during an event?
b. No, I don’t wish to collect event feedback
4. Is improving your event’s return on investment (ROI) important to you?
5. How important is it to have a technical team supporting you on event day?
b. Not important, I usually handle everything myself
6. Will your participants appreciate a platform that will allow them to connect with other event participants?
7. Are your presenters keen on dramatically increasing participant engagement by allowing them to ask (and answer) questions and vote on polls during presentations?
8. Would you like to provide participants with convenient access to the latest event information, including the agenda, venue information, speakers, participants, presentations and miscellaneous resources?
b. That’s not necessary
9. Are your event attendees likely to bring personal mobile devices (smartphones or tablets) to your event?
10. Would you like to sell potential sponsors an opportunity to have their brand seen (and carried around in their pockets) by every participant at your event?
Here’s how you should score your answers:
A = 1 points
B = 0 points
0 – 3 points: You may not need a mobile event app at your next event.
4 – 6 points: A mobile event app can certainly improve your event, maybe in more ways than you expect. Speak with our friendly team to see explore the possibilities available for you.
7 – 10 points: Your next event will be dramatically improved with a mobile event app. Chat with your local PowerVote team to find out more!