How do I log into my admin account (to access the back office) ?
Please go to https://angage.events/login and fill in your email address. If you have been given admin rights but have not yet accessed your app or the happenings table, click on “Create Password” and you can set your password. If you have a doubt, feel free to click on “Forgot password?“. You will receive an email allowing you to reset your password.
Another option is to log in from your happening. Enter you happening URL (e.g. https://fbf.angage.events/) in your browser and click on the login button in the top right corner. Log into the application by typing your email address followed by your password. Press on your profile in the top right corner, click on Admin to get to the back office to edit the app.
Where can I find detailed guidelines for admins?
Please find detailed guidelines on all app features and the back office here.
Can I test the mobile event app for free?
Yes, you can test our virtual event app 15 days for FREE with up to 10 participants! Click here to sign up for your FREE trial.
How can I setup a live stream?
You can integrate a large variety of video streams for your webinars or video chats (Blue Jeans, Facebook Live, Vimeo, Wowza, YouTube Live, Zoom, Jitsi, BigBlueButton) into your virtual angage.events app. In the back office, go to Event content > Web viewer. This is where you can post the embed code. If you want to integrate a Zoom Meeting, please fill in your Zoom Meeting ID. Your live stream will be automatically added to the front end of your app. Optionally, you can also add a Q&A session next to the live stream to engage your participants.
Can I record my live stream?
Yes, you can record your live stream through your preferred live streaming tool. For example for YouTube you can opt-in for a replay and for Zoom you can get an mp4 recording.
How do I embed a video (stream) inside a description box?
Go to Event Content > Custom pages > Editable Pages and create or edit a custom page. In the description box, click on More Rich (plus sign with three dots) and then click on Embed URL (the share icon). Paste the video stream URL you copied from your preferred streaming tool. Lastly, click on Insert and Save. Your stream is now live on your app.
If you want to integrate a video, not a video stream, go to Event Content > Custom pages > Editable Pages and create or edit your custom page. In the description box, click on Insert Video and chose to integrate the video by URL, embedded code, or upload. Either way your video will be directly integrated into your app and will be visible in the front end. Lastly, do not forget to click Save.
What are the security options for the app?
If you want to manage the security and login settings, please go to the Security section on the left side menu. This section allows you to handle a standard password, social media sign-in, self sign-in, sign-in bypass or even hide the login button at the front end of your app.
- Allow self sign-up: Allow users to create their own profile
- Allow social media sign in: Allow users to log in via their social media accounts
- Allow sign-in bypass: Allow users direct access without registration or login
- Log in button: Show or hide the login button in the front end of the app
- Passcode: Create an event password that will be requested first when the app is being accessed.
You can use the options in various combinations:
If you want the app open to the public: tick “allow sign-in bypass” and “allow self sign-in” and/or ”allow social media sign-in”.
If you want users to log in from a non-registered email: tick “allow self sign-in” and “allow social media sign-in” only.
If you want to give app access to only pre-registered users: leave everything unticked but add participants from the back office.
Which interactive features does the app offer?
In angage.events, we have many interactive features:
- Q&A: You can create as many Q&As as you want, and attach them to a particular agenda session or make them global. You can activate anonymous posting, require the login, add the upvote functionality (Like), choose to automatically publish all incoming questions, or manage them from the back office with the moderation view. Moreover, an individual display link is available for each Q&A to project live on screen.
Survey: Create a questionnaire with successive questions displayed one below the other.
Poll: Create a live poll where each question is shown one after the other (slide-show like).
Game: Integrate gamified voting, e.g. in the form of a knowledge quiz including countdown timer, check mark for a correct answer, ranking list, and end message
How can I adjust the design of my app?
In the back office, go to Design. In the Theme Studio you can customize the color scheme and logos of your app. Set your colors using the color palette, HEX, RGB, or HSL. The changes you make in the color scheme are displayed in real-time in the smartphone preview. Add your logo, banners, and other graphic items. Please pay attention to the required size formats.
How can I edit the welcome page of the app?
Go to Design > Widgets where you can fill the welcome page of your app with widgets. You can add a location (Google Maps integration), an image, or a timer.
Image: When adding an image, please choose the size first and upload your image as png. or jpeg/jpg., preferably in the correct size. If needed, you can crop the image after uploading it. Optionally, you can add text on your widget. Link your widget to an event app module or an external link. Save your changes. (If it is an in-app link, please insert the relative link. Example : /attendees/*** Instead of “***.angage.events/attendees/*** No to absolute in-app links! Yes to absolute external links!)
Location: Chose the format size and type in your preferred address. Select the given options and save.
Timer: Select the end date and the end time of your countdown. Most importantly, do not forget to select the correct time zone!
If you want to upload a video or a GIF, chose an Image widget and upload it there.
How do I create an agenda?
In the back office, go to Event content > Agenda. You can either add a single session if you click on + Add and fill out the form. Use the description editor to add rich content like text, videos, images, PDFs, social media links, etc. The other option is to add multiple sessions at once via the Excel template. For this, click on Export. Tip: Firstly, add a single session in the back office and export the Excel template afterward. Thus you see the exact specifications for the correct way of filling out the agenda template. You can also activate a 5-star ranking for this session, attach speakers, assign sessions as favorite or registered for users, and activate the Add to Schedule feature which allows your participants to mark their favorite sessions. For a more detailed description and useful tips on how to set up an agenda, please refer to our admin guidelines.
If you want to create another agenda (e.g. because you will have parallel sessions at your event), please go to Design > Menu and duplicate the agenda module and name it differently. Then refresh the back office page and go to Event content > Agenda to find your newly duplicated agenda. With a custom page you can integrate your different agendas.
How do I create personalized agendas?
In the Agenda module, you will find the link to My Agenda, the personalized agenda link. Please copy and paste it in your homepage widgets or side menu for attendees to access only their dedicated sessions.
In order to assign attendees to sessions, you can either use the excel import or add those manually using:
- Add as favorite session for (attendees will be able to remove the added sessions)
- Add as registered session for (attendees will not be able to remove the added sessions themselves)
How can I manage participants/users?
With angage.events you can create different user groups in the People module, thereby categorizing and managing your participants optimally. By default you will have an attendee and a speaker list that you can fill and display in the app (optionally hiding these lists is also possible). You can also rename the default lists and/or add new lists/groups. Having a participant list is especially helpful if you only want a certain group of people to have access to your app. Moreover, you can use the People module in combination with the registration tool.
How do I create a speaker list?
Go to the People section and click on View Groups. Add a new group by clicking on +Create Group. Now you can add users to the new group in two ways:
- Click on +Add User and fill out the form. In the end you can tick the Speaker button and also decide to activate the rating for this speaker.
- Click on the gearweel (next to +Add User) and click on Export to download the Excel template. Now you can add users in the template and mark speakers with a 1 in the Speaker column. (Please keep in mind to not fill out the ID column.) Once you’re done you can upload the template by clicking on Import in the gearweel.
You can integrate the speaker list in the front app in your app via Design > Menu. By default you will find the speaker list already integrated. Every user that is marked as “Speaker” in the People section will appear in the speaker list. You can also copy the group link (gearweel > share group) and embed the group link by clicking on +Add in the menu section and thereby creating a new module.
How can I display sponsors?
You have two options to display your sponsors:
- You can display your sponsors by creating an editable page. For this option, please go to Event content > Custom pages > Editable Pages. Now click on the +Add button to create a new editable page. Chose a title for the page, e.g. Sponsors. Now you can either add a pdf, an image, a GIF, or embed a sponsor webpage in the description field.
- You can create a sponsor list. Please go to the People section and click on View Groups. Click on +Create Group and give it a name. Now you can add users manually or via excel template. After doing so, click on the gearwheel (next to +Add user) and then on Share group. This way you will copy the front end link for this group and you can integrate it as a new page in the Design > Menu section.
How do I embed a PDF inside a description box?
Go to Event content > Custom pages > Editable pages. Create a new page or edit an existing one. To include a PDF file within the custom page, click in the description box on More Rich (plus sign with three dots) and then on Upload File. Using this method, you will get a link on the custom page that will take you out of the app when you open it to view the PDF file. If you want the PDF file to be displayed directly in the app, please first carry out the step described above. Now click on the PDF element that you have created on the custom page, then on the pencil, and now copy the URL. Now click on Embed URL (in the More Rich section) and paste the copied link. Now the PDF file opens within the description box and is directly embedded into the front end of the app.
How can I add a new module?
Go to Design > Menu and click on +Add in the top right corner. Chose to add an external link or an event app module and give the new module a title. Please remember to click Submit at the bottom right of the page to save your changes.
You can also duplicate existing modules by clicking on the double page icon of the respective module. If you do so, please click Submit at the bottom right of the page and refresh the page afterward to be able to see the newly duplicated modules in the Event content section.
How can I hide a module in the front end of the app?
Go to Design > Menu to manage the display of the modules in the app. Publish sections by moving the slider to the right (orange). If the slider is grayed out by moving it to the left, the module is not visible at the front end of the app.
Where can I set the default language for the app?
You can set the default language for the static texts and buttons. In the back office, go to Main. Here you can set the default language for your app. Optionally, you can also tick Let participants select language. This way users can change to other languages than the default one. Please keep in mind that the language setting is ONLY applicable to the static texts and buttons in the app.
How can I see chart results for surveys/polls/games/Q&A's ?
In the back office, go to Event content > Polls. In the Action column, click on the statistic icon saying View chart results. This opens a new window in your browser. The display link is unique for every question. You can edit the type of chart and the color scheme.
For the Q&A results, go to Event content > Q&A. In the Action column, click on the quadratic speech bubble icon which takes you to the next page (this icon is only available when at least one question has been posted for a Q&A). In the top right corner you will find two buttons. The Display View opens a new window and shows all questions in real-time. You can present this view to your audience. The Moderation View is for you to manage all incoming questions (hide or show). The URL links for both views are unique so that you can prepare for live Q&A’s in advance.
How to create a social wall (activity feed) ?
In the back office, go to Design > Menu. You will find a module called Activity Feed which you can choose to publish or hide. If logged in as an admin, you can delete the posts you do not approve of, directly from the front end of the feed/of your app.
How do I create a discussion wall?
If you want to engage your participants with a discussion, you can use the Q&A tool. In the back office, go to Event content > Q&A and click on +Add to create a new Q&A. You can create as many Q&As as you want, and attach them to a particular agenda session or make them global. You can activate anonymous posting, require the login, add the upvote functionality (Like), choose to automatically publish all incoming questions, or manage them from the back office with the moderation view. Moreover, an individual display link is available for each Q&A to project live on screen.
How can I see the leaderboard?
The leaderboard shows the participants who best answered the questions during the event. When creating polls/surveys/games you can attach points to the correct answers. This way your participants can collect points when they are logged in with their profile. The leaderboard is automatically updated when new polls/surveys/games are published and your participants responded. You can find the leaderboard in the back office, when you go to Design > Menu. You can choose to publish or hide the leaderboard.
How can I import data?
You can import data for agendas and people.
- Go to Event content > Agenda. Click on the gearweel and then on Export. Fill the downloaded Excel file with your data. Upload the file by clicking on Import in the settings gearweel. We recommend adding at least one agenda session manually in the back office before exporting the Excel template. This way the correct format on how the template needs to be filled out will be more clear.
- Go to the People section, click on View Groups. Click on the gearweel and then on Export. Fill the downloaded Excel file with your data. Upload the file by clicking on Import in the settings gearweel. We recommend adding at least one user manually in the back office before exporting the Excel template. This way the correct format on how the template needs to be filled out will be more clear.
Please find detailed instructions on how to fill out the templates correctly in our guidelines here.
How can I export results?
Here is how you can export results in the back office.
- To export your Q&As, go to Event content > Q&A and click on the Export button in the top right corner. An Excel file will be automatically downloaded.
- To export your Polls/Surveys/Games, go to Event content > Polls and click on the Export button in the top right corner. An Excel file will be automatically downloaded.
- Go to Share in the left menu bar to get an accumulated export. Click on the Export button in the top right corner. An Excel file will be automatically downloaded. Also here you will find an accumulated overview of:
- Chart views for polls/surveys/games
- Moderation and Display View for Q&As
- Leaderboard Display View
- Speaker Rating Results
- Agenda Ratings
How do I get analytics / statistics?
If you want to view the statistic of your event, click on Event Stats in the left menu bar in the back office. You can choose the time period you want to examine. You will find analytics about:
- Total Visitors and Page Views
- Top Sections ordered by Unique Users & Page Views
- Top Sessions ordered by Unique Users & Page Views
- Interactions (for Q&A, Likes, Star Sessions)
- Polls (Answered Questions)
- Analytics for Activity Feed (Text Posts, File Upload Posts (image, video, ppt, pdf, txt, etc.), Nb of likes)
- User profiles and their number of posts
- Analytics For Chat
How can I send alerts?
In the back office, go to Event content > Alerts and click on +Add to create a new alert. Enter a title and edit the content of your message. Set the parameters. You can activate the Push notification if your app is integrated in the app stores. Otherwise, your alert message will be a Pop-Up notification when participants access the web app. Select who you want to send the alert to (send to all or groups or individuals). Select to send your alert immediately or pre-schedule it. Be sure to select the correct time zone when you pre-schedule. Lastly, submit your changes. Please note once you created an alert you cannot edit it anymore.
How to de-/activate messaging / chat for users?
In the back office, you can enable the chat globally in the Main section by ticking the box Enable Chat. If you wish to disable the chat function globally, untick this box. You can de-/activate the chat function for certain users in the People section. When editing the profile of a user in the back office you have the option to Enable Messaging or to disable at the bottom of the profile page. It is also possible to make changes via the Excel template. In the Enable Messaging column put a 0 if you want to disable the chat function for a person and 1 if you want to activate it.
How can I edit the registration settings?
In the back office, go to the Registration section and click on Settings. Set up your registration page. Add custom fields to your registration form by clicking on the +Add button. You can create three types of fields: descriptive, single choice, multiple choice.
- Registration form: enable to generate a registration form once the user has entered email on the registration page. This registration form is composed of different fields to fill. You can show/hide default fields and make them mandatory.
- Confirmation page: enable if users are automatically approved and you want them to read a confirmation message once registration has been submitted. Click on the pencil to edit confirmation text.
- Registration limit: enter seat limit for this event. Click on the pencil to edit text when no seats are left.
- Registration approval required: enable if you want to review user’s registration requests (accept or decline). Click on the pencil to edit text about pending approval.
How can I edit the design of the registration page?
In the back office, go to the Registration section and click on Registration Page in the left menu bar. Click on the first left icon saying Customize theme to edit the font and color of each area, as well as the color of the registration button. The background can also be customized. Select a color or upload an image for the background (at 1920×1080 px). Customize different areas or fields and design them individually.
The left icon bar shows you what you can add: text, images, videos, Google Maps, HTML, divider. Click on the icon that you want to add and select the size of the section. Once created, you can move the section to the desired position. If you want to add more rich content, chose HTML. Here you can integrate PDF files, URL links, tables, but also images and videos. The HTML section allows you to edit the content in more depth (alignment, font size, etc). Please do not forget to save by clicking on the disk icon at the bottom of the icon list.
The eye icon on the top left opens a preview of the registration page (user view). The link icon copies the link for the registration page which you can share with your users so they can fill out the registration form.
How can I set up emailing?
In the back office, go to the Registration section and click on E-mailing. Default templates are shown to give email suggestions based on settings previously enabled. If saved, the template is created as a draft on the right section. If submitted, the template is sent and appears on the right section. The right view shows all drafts, scheduled, or sent emails. Delete drafts or scheduled emails. Click on the email to edit and save before sending it. Click on the eye to see a list of users to whom email has been sent and at what time.
Create your own email template by clicking on +Create custom email in the top right corner. Insert a template name and select specific attendees or multiple groups to send the email to. Select status groups to send emails to. If you select “declined”, it will send an email to all users with declined status. Insert an email subject. Add rich content to your email (text, images, videos, pdf files, embedded links, etc). Send email now or pre-schedule email based on date, time, and timezone. Include newly added users optionally. Automatically send emails based on belonging to a group or status group to any new user assigned to those groups. Attach a badge to email as PDF. Save draft, without sending out the email. Submit to send emails to selected users at a scheduled time.
How can I remove the bookmark signs from the agenda?
In the back office, go to Event content > Agenda. You can either manage to remove the bookmark signs manually in the back office one by one or via the excel template if you want to perform a bulk action. To remove bookmarks manually in the back office, start by clicking on the pencil icon of the agenda session you want to edit, deactivate the point Activate add to Schedule (to be found at the bottom at the form), and hit Submit to save your changes. This way the bookmark sign will no longer be shown for this session and users cannot mark this session as favorite. To remove bookmarks via the excel template, export the agenda, and put in FALSE in the Activate Add To Schedule column for all sessions that you want to remove the bookmark sign for. Then save your excel template and import your agenda in the back office again.