Did you know that over 60% of B2B marketers are using webinars as part of their content marketing programs? (According to the Content Marketing Institute.)
With high value products and solutions that require a more personal touch to sell, webinars are proving to be an effective way of getting the sales message across – far more effective than simply a sales page, yet far less intrusive (and more welcoming) than a face-to-face sales meeting or call.
What does this mean for marketers? It means that you need to consider adding webinars to your sales process (or sales funnel).
- Low commitment: Unlike agreeing to a face-to-face meeting or a sales call, saying “yes” to attending a webinar doesn’t come with any commitment of time. If the prospect happens to be busy on the day, they can choose not to attend, or jump into the session late – without feeling bad about cancelling or being late to a scheduled meeting or call.
- Higher acceptance: Because of the low commitment level, it’s much easier to get prospects to agree to attend your webinar. And once you have their email in your list, you can use your “Remember to attend the webinar” emails to promote your products and solutions as a “by the way” message.
- Reach out to many prospects: With an hour of your sales team’s time, you can reach dozens or even hundreds of prospects at once – multiplying the effectiveness of your salespersons.
- Live Q&A: Webinars are interactive, giving your prospects the opportunity to ask questions in real-time – effectively transforming them into live face-to-face meetings. And besides replacing face-to-face meetings, webinars can be a cost-effective replacement for some of your live events.
- Can set up live meetings/demonstrations: Alternatively, your webinar could simply be a tease for your key closing method. Once you’ve warmed up your prospects with an intriguing webinar, your prospects might now be ready to take the next step and meet with your salesperson, get a live demonstration of your solution, go to your event, or more.
These are just some of the reasons why webinars are rocking it in the world of B2B marketing. But remember, these same principles apply to B2C products and solutions too – and lots of very incredibly successful marketers of consumer products are already using webinars to warm up leads and close sales.
Want to speak with a webinar consultant, or give a webinar system a trial run to see how well it works for your audiences? The Angage team is happy to help!