It’s that time of the year again, where homes are decorated with Christmas trees and mistletoe, and holiday jingles fill the air. During this festive season, wouldn’t it be nice to gift your employees the opportunity to spend less time in the office, and more time with their families at home – without slowing down productivity?
Thanks to web and video conferencing technology, you can. And your employees will love you for it!
What is Web and Video Conferencing?
Web and video conferencing solutions enable anyone to start a web or video conference in seconds. All you need is an internet connection and a PC, laptop or mobile device. Here’s how you can enable your employees to work from home this holiday season:
- Ensure everyone has a device they can work and collaborate from: If possible, let employees bring home their office laptops. Otherwise, make it a must that employees who choose to work from home, have a desktop or laptop they can work from.
- Be sure that everyone has an internet connection: If not, they must be willing to use their mobile data as a hotspot for their desktop/laptop.
- Subscribe to (or purchase) a web and video conferencing solution: You can subscribe to Angage’s audio, web and video conferencing solution for a small monthly fee, or choose a flexible pay-as-you-go option instead.
- Have everyone agree to be available during working hours: Your employees may not need to be chained to their computers from 9am to 5pm every day, but they should agree to attend online meetings during agreed times.
- Schedule regular meetings: Use an online calendar (such as Microsoft Outlook’s calendar, or Google Calendar) to set up audio/video meetings with employees.
With a good video conferencing solution, online meetings can be set up in minutes – and participants can join in seconds. And with a host of capabilities – such as screen sharing, polls and surveys, instant messaging, document transfers, and more – these meetings are easily as productive as face-to-face meetings in the office.
In fact, with advanced features such as analytics (that track engagement metrics), some would even say that in some ways, video conference meetings can be even better than face-to-face meetings.
To know more about audio, web and video conferencing solutions – and how you can empower your staff to work from home this holiday season – chat with your local Angage team today. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!